Success to Significance welcomes Mike Merriam, a successful executive who has become an author, consultant, and speaker. He is leading people and groups to become fully engaged and pursue meaningful lives.
Mike is a husband, father, author, speaker, and life enthusiast. His passion is showing people how to stop living unfulfilled and disengaged lives.
He brings about transformation by guiding individuals and groups to answer six fundamental questions that form the basis for gaining clarity, determining your purpose, and taking action.
Just three weeks before our conversation, Mike encountered an unexpected career change when he was let go from his leadership position in the mortgage industry.
Mike evaluated his options and rather than heading back into the industry, chose to go all in on his business and hasn't looked back.
We learn on our conversation that in the year leading up to that radical change, Mike had been preparing for this next phase of his life. Even though it came sooner than expected, he was ready enough to land on his feet.
I’m confident Mike’s positive outlook, radical approach to living, and entrepreneurial drive will inspire you today.
Listen to Mike & Rick:
Mike's Thought Leadership
- “I am a former member of the unhappy, unfulfilled and disengaged majority, living a mediocre life without meaning and purpose. I was not coming close to what I was capable of, knowing that I was capable of more… and not knowing how to bridge that gap,”
- “I went on a journey of self development, read a bunch of books, attended seminars and hired a coach, and I started to have have massive success at my job in mortgages.”
- “I achieved a high level of financial success and when I got there, I realized that emotional and spiritual success had not followed… I had mis-defined what success meant for me.”
- “My plan was to publish a book, launch a business [on the side], and that plan came to a screeching halt about three weeks ago. Out of nowhere, I lost my job and a significant amount of income. I made the decision right then and there that I was going to go full speed, 1o0% on my own business. I was not going to look for another job.”
- “All of the growth and all of the experiences that I had this year have led me, have prepared me for this moment, to make the most of this adversity and to grow even further and even deeper.”
- “Every single day, I'm faced with that fear of am I doing the right thing? am I putting my family in a bad situation? Should I put a band-aid on this or should I double down and do all the things I coach other people to do?”
- “We need to advance business as an agent for world benefit and as an agent for world change.”
- “80% of life is completely meaningless and inconsequential. Only 20% matters. Find the 20%, and you are going to have an amazing life.”
- “You don't grow when things are easy”
- “Your positive core is built around your values, strengths and priorities can be used to build a radical vision for your future. What I mean by radical is exponential.”
- “Polls show that up to 80% of people are actively disengaged, unhappy and unfulfilled. I believe they are closer than they think to radically transforming their lives. They are just a couple of learned skills, a couple of key connections and a couple of big realizations away from true transformation.”
- “Go out today and do something that scares you, something you've been putting off that you thought you'd never do because that's not who your are.”
- Closer Than You Think – Six Fundamental Questions to Ignite Your Personal Evolution, which also comes with a free companion course: The Personal Evolution Plan.
Mike's Contact Information
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.
Photo Sources: Mike's Website and LinkedIn