Success to Significance welcomes Melissa Nixon, a fifteen-year corporate veteran and leader who said “Yes!” to her dream and now leads a thriving business and leads executives to “Yes!” themselves.
Melissa is vibrant professional speaker, trainer, & leadership coach. She has a heart for women and guiding them through their perceived boundaries to achieve goals that seem out of reach.
Melissa has deep skills in connecting with leaders, encouraging them to be bold, to bypass fears, and to move from where they are to where they want themselves and their organizations to be.
Melissa is adept at building relationships at all levels, leading large-scale change initiatives, and developing high-performing teams.
Today she is building a business that is changing lives and companies.
Listen to You Can Live Your Intentional Courageous Life Today
Melissa's Thought Leadership
- “I started climbing the corporate ladder, and I found myself in a great place. But I found myself in a great place that left some things to be questioned… Is this really why I'm here? Is this all I'm here for?”
- “If you had asked me when I was 17 or 18, ‘would I have known what my calling was?' Heck no!”
- “It took me twenty years to get here.”
- “The only way that something works and that something comes to life, is that we actually start doing it, start walking it out.”
- “The only way for me to bring this dream that I've had for twenty years to life, is to finally get over myself and start doing it.”
- “The longer you think about something, the less likely you will act on it.”
- “I've invested in coaches since before my business started… I'll always be a life-long learner when it comes to professional development as well as when it comes to what I need to be successful in my business and personal life.”
- “I never want to get to the end of my life and look back at the things I could have done if I had just been bold enough, courageous enough, had enough faith to do it.”
- “Courage is a repetitive action. Each year I've gotten I've gotten so much better in that. Showing up bigger, and bolder, and more courageous, with my voice, with the brand, with what we offer, and what we do.”
- “Our impact will only be able to be as big, as great, and as wide as we are willing to show up in our own boldness and courage.”
- “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable with not being the expert.”
- “I would rather have the hardest day knowing that I'm pursuing my calling, than the most comfortable day, knowing that I'm not”.
- “There's no greater responsibility to know that your yes, other peoples' lives, other peoples' yes's are contingent upon yours.”
- “Whatever you desire to do that you are talking yourself out of, there's someone that has said yes that is acting it out, living it out, doing that very thing that you want to do. The question to you is: Will you be the person who says no, I will never be able to do that, that will never work, or will you be the person who says yes, and let me take the next step and figure out how.”
Links to Resources Mentioned
- The Courageous Life Challenge – What would you do if you weren't afraid? 5 Day Video Series that will inspire you.
- The Elixir Project Book – Congratulations to Kary Oberbrunner for writing an Amazon Top 100 Best Seller!
Melissa's Contact Information
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.
Photo Sources: Melissa Nixon‘s website