Success to Significance welcomes Brian Barkett, a Clinical Psychologist who is helping people navigate uncertainty in our rapidly changing world.
Brian is Founder of Better Minds Group.
He’s Clinical Psychologist by trade, and he's also a respected Executive Coach, a Confidant for those working with him, a Strategist with keen insights and a Brain-Optimization Trainer.
Listen to How To Navigate The 21st Century For Success – Part I
Brian's Thought Leadership
- “Behavior without context is meaningless … behavior is driven by group processes [and understanding the values of the group is necessary to understand behavior]“
- “Our brains are calibrated for speed over accuracy, because that's what has kept us alive in the bush“
- “I am getting a case of professional burnout a week.“
- “One client said in our third session “I can finish a thought. I was so burned out, I couldn't even finish a thought anymore. By the seventh session, she said “I'm becoming me again.“
- “The brain is not designed to work, work, work without rest. What are we asking people to do? To work, work, work without rest.“
- “I help people to distinguish what is inside of their control and what is out side of their control.”
- “The first goal is to get people to quit blaming themselves for things beyond their control.”
- “If you can get peoples' emotional reactions to calm down and they can be more deliberative, they can solve their problems.“
- “The Internet revolution is a revolution. It has changed the way we live, changed the way we raise our children, changed the ways we communicate with each other.“
- “200 years ago, most people never went six miles beyond where they were born. So if you had a story about who you are and where you fit in, it was easy to maintain that story. Now, kids have devices in their hands and they are getting stories from all over the world… That's a revolution.”
- “More risk is being put on the working class than ever before… Stressors now are more chronic.”
Links to Resources Mentioned
- Bill Gate's The Road Ahead. Written in 1995, he barely mentioned the Internet, but did address things did not happen. Our world changes fast!
- Charles Ferguson's The Inside Job
- The Big Short (Oscar nominated movie)
Brian's Contact Information
- The Better Minds Group
- Brian on LinkedIn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian's Office Phone: 740.587.1543
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.
Photo Sources: Brian Barkett's profile photos