Success to Significance welcomes Jason Barger, a keynote speaker, author, and consultant. It all began when he turned down a position with an NBA team so that he could make a difference in people's lives.
Jason's life of significance has spanned the nearly two decades since he graduated from college.
He's led over 1,700 people to construct 125 houses internationally for families living in poverty. He's implemented the Streets Mission Project to serve the homeless on the streets of Columbus, Ohio. He's designed programming focused on living with joy, love, compassion, faith, and service for over 1,900 campers per summer.
Jason, his wife Amy, and their three children live in Columbus, Ohio.
Listen to How To Be Significant By Focusing On Others' Needs
Jason's Thought Leadership
- “I just knew that was authentic for me.“
- “I wanted to be doing something that has redeeming value. I wanted to be doing something where I feel like I'm making a difference. …The [interviewers] didn't always have good answers.”
- “There was no real “next spot” for me to go [in the organization], and I knew there was a next challenge for me of some sort. I had no idea what that was going to mean.“
- “I was compelled by the metaphor of how we move throughout the world everyday and what impact that has on the people on around us.“
- “Step back from the need to ‘get your bag first', to think more purposefully about why you do what you do. What impact are you hoping to make? How do you contribute to the culture of that space?“
- “The speed at which we are all running in our lives, communication gets lost in translation. Nine times out of ten, there is a lack of clarity due to a lack of communication.”
- “The culture of every group is created by the way we think, act and interact every single day. With clarity comes more success and effectiveness.“
- “All glory comes from daring to begin” – quoting poet Eugene Ware
- “It's not about duplicating somebody else, or duplicating what team or organization you think is most effective. It is about creating what is authentic for you.“
- “How am I going to dare to begin again today?“
Links to Resources Mentioned
- Step Back From The Baggage Claim: Change The World, Start At The Airport
- ReMember: Renewing Our Memberships, Relationships, and Focus in a Distracting World
- Thermostat Cultures – Publishing November 17th and is available for pre-order on NOW.
- Jason's Online Courses – Four thought-generating videos on Jason's site you will want to see (remember to take notes!):
- Practicing Servant Leadership
- Practicing Innovation
- Designing Your Culture
- Living Your Vision
Jason's Contact Information
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.