Success to Significance welcomes Joanne Miller, an entrepreneur who wears many hats and who has focused her life on creating a Haven of Peace for her family, friends and clients.
Joanne grew up surrounded by divorce, poverty and occasional violence. She was determined to change her family DNA when she married Dan Miller.
Both Joanne and Dan are adventurous entrepreneurs at heart.
Her nurturing abundance outlook exists today despite a rough background, the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial lifestyle, and business reversals that resulted in Joanne and Dan being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. They paid back every penny and have prospered as a result.
Joanne worked to intentionally create a Haven of Peace within their homes, which sometimes meant living in a crowded trailer with young children.
Listen to How To Create Your Intentional Haven of Peace
Joanne recently published Creating a Haven of Peace: When You're Feeling Down, Finances Are Flat, and Tempers are Rising. Creating a Haven of Peace provides a formula for creating Sanctuary in your own home. Joanne outlines her approach through attainable steps to creating your Haven of Peace.
She has another children's book scheduled for release this Fall. What If It Were Possible is co-written with her eight year old granddaughter, who did all of the illustrations using water colored pencils.
Joanne's success is her leadership in creating and sustaining a Haven of Peace. Her significance is evident in her various roles of wife, mother, grandmother, author, artist, teacher, entrepreneur and nurturer.
Joanne's Thought Leadership
- “I've learned to be much less judgemental and much more compassionate through ministering to women in prison.“
- “The more I look back on all the different things in my life that have fit together in a way that I could never have orchestrated on my own or foreseen in advance.“
- “I've learned to navigate change really well. That's not my normal personality style. I would have been comfortable with Dan having a real job and retiring after 30 years. That never happened!“
- “No matter where we lived, we created a Haven of Peace in spite of our circumstances.“
- “People are more interested in our home life than they are in the principals of our business because they are seeing that as the underlying foundation for business success.“
- “It is difficult to be an effective mentor unless you allow yourself to be a mentee.“
- “A Haven of Peace does not necessarily mean having a mansion or lots of money in the bank. It is more of a mindset. It's a determination to make your home the Sanctuary, the place of immunity, the place of unconditional love that is necessary for creating a happy life and a happy marriage.“
- “We never know what the future holds. Let's make the most out of every day.“
- “The name of the Sanctuary is derived from the movie Hunchback of Notre Dame. Quasimodo [retreated to] a place where he felt safe and comfortable.“
- “Creating a Haven of Peace is a legacy we are leaving for our children and grandchildren.“
Links to Resources Mentioned
- Book: Creating a Haven of Peace: When You're Feeling Down, Finances Are Flat, and Tempers are Rising.
- Joanne's Books and Artwork on her website.
- Joanne's 5 Easy Tips To Creating A Sense Of Peace
Joanne's Contact Information
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.