Success to Significance welcomes back David Branderhorst, who left a banking career to be a full-time dad. As his kids entered school, he pursued entrepreneurial opportunities and now impacts people on a global scale.
David worked with directly with the CFO and CEO of a regional bank and his wife had a successful career of her own. They had a baby, then had twins. There were cracks showing in the foundation of their marriage due to stress and exhaustion.
David realized the outcome he and his wife wanted went far beyond survival.
They agreed he should “walk away” from his career to invest his time as dad to his three children while his wife continued her career.
When the kids were old enough to go to school, David began to search for a new career, but realized he wanted more than just a job.
He eventually partnered with Kary Oberbrunner to build Igniting Souls, where he helps individuals and organizations clarify who they are, why they are here, and where they should invest their time and energy.
Listen to Part II
- David's role in the Igniting Souls organization.
- The goal of the programs David and his partner are developing.
- What impact means.
- Where David finds his reward.
- Why focusing on outcome enables you to make wise decisions.
And, If You Haven't Yet, Listen to Part I
- David's transition from career to stay at home dad to entrepreneur.
- David's relationship development with his business partner Kary Oberbrunner and how they work together.
- The differences in stresses between career success, full time fatherhood and entrepreneurship.
- David's reinvention of himself, finding his identity.
You can find David's thoughts from the first episode HERE.
David's Thought Leadership
- “The goal of creating programs is to get results. They key to making this work is to focus on the outcome you are helping people get to.“
- “When people go through these [programs] and you see them get clear on it. The reward internally is huge, because you know that not only did you get the benefit of going through these steps and learning and growing in these areas, but now you have impacted a lot of other people's lives.“
- “People get stuck on building infrastructure first. It's a mistake to start there. You first want to have impact on people's lives.“
- “Any entrepreneur that does what they do solely for the money, is not going to last very long. Ultimately what you are getting is green paper. It can never buy you fulfillment.“
- “We are meant to be a voice in the world of hope; we are meant to be a voice of it doesn't have to be that way, it can be better.“
- “The success we have had as an organization is directly tied to the progress I have made as an individual. For us to go forward, for us to be more impactful, for us to help more people, for us to have a bigger influence on the world, I have to change first.“
- “I invest in myself. In products and programs that challenge the way I think …and make me better. I am chasing transformation, and I know not only is my life different, but I can pass it on.“
- “The change in my family, with my relationships with my wife and kids, [has been] radical… I had to unlearn a lot of things… I started to focus on outcomes.“
Links to Resources Mentioned
- Igniting Souls Conference – “Becoming Unhackable” – October 22nd and 23rd, 2016 (Saturday and Sunday)
- Your Secret Name: Discovering Who God Created You to Be
- Deeper Path
- Day Job to Dream Job: Practical Steps for Turning Your Passion into a Full-Time Gig
- Your Secret Name Five Week Journey
- Deeper Path Webinar – Enjoy this webinar to see what The Deeper Path is all about.
- Deeper Path Cohort Self Study – Understanding your purpose. Advance through the materials at your pace.
- Day Job To Dream Job Self Study – How do I start something new?
- The Elixer Project – Kary's 7th book will release in December 2016.
- Author Academy Elite: For those who now know who they are and want to get their story and their message into a book so that others can benefit.
David's Contact Information
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this Part II conversation with David Branderhorst on Success to Significance. To listen to Part I, either click the podcast player above or go to the show notes for Part I
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.
Photo Sources: Book covers via Amazon. All others via Igniting Souls.