Today on Success to Significance we highlight Jared Easley, who has a great story full of learning experiences and ongoing triumph in the face of daunting obstacles.
Jared is an author and co-author of multiple books, most recently, Stop Chasing Influencers: The True Path to Building Your Business and Living Your Dream.
Reality tempers Jared’s story. He was let go from his day job and decided to pursue his dreams. He then had to fall back on his professional credentials to support his family working as a consultant while building his dream on the side.
Some of his efforts failed, including an early partnership. Some left him in debt. Some have been successful. Jared's key to success is constant learning and adjustment as he moves towards his goals.
Jared's story is full of learning experiences and ongoing triumph in the face of significant obstacles.
Listen to Pursuing Your Dream In The Face of Setbacks
Jared's Thought Leadership
- “I wanted to go for the dream like everyone else.“
- “I was planting seeds; I was good steward, in a season when I could have easily just said ‘No, this isn't the answer' and quit.“
- “My encouragement is to do the work, be a good steward of what God has placed you in right now and bloom where planted.“
- “I don't have the perfect entrepreneurship business story, but what I do have is a blessing in the sense I have flexibility [and] I have work.“
- “It has taken hours and hours and hours to build something that has reached the level of Podcast Movement, and all of those hours are unpaid. We broke even in year one, and were $40,000 in the hole in year two.“
- “We didn't know what we didn't know. We had to go through these rough seasons, and identify areas where we messed up, get feedback to make it better, put up guardrails where we will not make mistakes we have already made.“
- “Some people give up way to quick. My encouragement is… don't give up. There are times when you need to make adjustments, but that doesn't mean you need to quit.“
- “Validate your idea, keep working at it, and hopefully you will be more successful faster than we were.“
- “Don't give up, be a good steward of where you are“
- “Success is persistence through failure.” (Quoting Aisha Taylor)
- “There's a lot of things you can pursue, but what is really important is your relationship with God and your family. Try to keep those things first.“
Links to Resources Mentioned
- Stop Chasing Influencers: The True Path to Building Your Business and Living Your Dream
- Podcasting Good to Great: How to Grow Your Audience Through Collaboration
Recent Reviewers of The Success to Significance Podcast on iTunes
- Kim Kocher, Executive VP of Delphia Consulting. Find Kim on LinkedIn
- Jeffrey Kramer, Transformational Leadership Coach, Speaker & Mentor. Find Jeffrey on LinkedIn and at Ascension Leadership Group, LLC
- Lee Forseth, Regional Sales Manager at COBAN Technologies on LinkedIn
Jared's Contact Information
Get The Transcript
Every Success to Significance conversation has a transcript prepared so that you can read, mark important thoughts, and make notes for your use.
Please feel free to share your transcript PDF with someone who could benefit from reading it and accessing links to the podcast themselves.
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance with Jared Easley.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.
Photo Sources: Book covers: Amazon