Success to Significance welcomes Andrew Moon, a serial entrepreneur, strategist, and speaker. We talk over-working, pursuing health in a healthy manner, and throttling back to stay alive.
Andrew Moon is a long time friend of mine and an entrepreneur that I look up to for his determination, grit, and hustle. He has launched and run several successful businesses.
He is better known as the “Orange Nomad” and has been an entrepreneur his entire life.
Andrew's drive to succeed nearly killed him, and he had to throttle back to pursue greater life balance, which enabled him to focus on what really matters. Andrew has found that his path through success to significance is enhanced by putting family first.
Andrew sold his business, Network Logix, as he realized there was no way to backtrack and reign his workload in, and sustain a manageable rate of work or growth unless he fired most of his clients. Conducting in-person seminars and using LinkedIn to reach the right people enabled Andrew to more than double sales in the last year he owned Network Logix.
He is using what he learned during that tine to develop a marketing system built around LinkedIn to help other entrepreneurs do the same for their businesses.
Andrew's Thought Leadership
- “Orange is the color of a good mood.“
- “Engaging a coach and participating in a coaching program enables you to learn about how to operate your business and how to systematize, which creates new opportunities.“
- “The key to successfully starting, growing, and selling a business is to build systems around everything. Anything that is repeatable, build a system. Systematizing enables you to get consistent operational and sales results.
- The systems mindset changed for me how I operated and scaled my business. Instead of working in my business, I was working on my business.“
- “I systematize the craziness and help you get stuff done!“
- “That work ethic, working 60-80 hours a week, catches up with you. I was down for an entire month; your own mortality comes into play.“
- “At the end of the day, if you have a business, and you are successful as an entrepreneur, but you don't have your family with you, it's not worth it.“
- “I was working out six days a week… I was eating as healthy as I could, but yet that's the worst my health has been – ever. What led up to it? The stress, the work, the lack of sleep. Your body can only handle that so much.“
- “My different approach now, is that I am able to see those signs [in myself] and other entrepreneurs I work with today.“
Links to Resources Mentioned
- Andrew joined RobinRobin's coaching, specifically Robin Robin's Producer Club Program and added rocket fuel to his business.
- Andrew's wife, Stephanie, is an accomplished equine photographer: Stephanie Moon Fine Art
- The Dublin Entrepreneurial Center
Recent Reviewers of The Success to Significance Podcast on iTunes
- Jim Akers: www.jimdakers.com and Jim’s latest initiative, Impactful Notes. Encouraging success one note at a time.
- Kary Oberbrunner: Kary's Author webinar. Kary offers an excellent 7-Day email course on publishing a book that will get you started with the right resources to begin writing your book. Check out My Book Blueprint. You can also find him at KaryOberbrunner.com
Andrew Moon's Contact Information
- Main website: OrangeNomad.com
- If you are an MSP, LinkedInforMSPs.com
- Andrew on LinkedIn
- Andrew's Orange Nomad Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get The Transcript
Every Success to Significance conversation has a transcript prepared so that you can read, mark important thoughts, and make notes for your use.
Please feel free to share your transcript PDF with someone who could benefit from reading it and accessing links to the podcast themselves.
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance. Andrew Moon is a thoughtful, hard-working entrepreneur that built a great business, but lost his health along the way. He was able to recover with the help and insight of his wife, Stephanie, plus a great deal of soul searching while re-balancing his life.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.