Success to Significance welcomes Steve Schulze, a 31-year government employee who “retired” to pursue a more personally fulfilling and significant career. His gripping story will resonate on many levels.
Today on The Success to Significance Podcast, we welcome Steve Schulze. Steve is a remarkable individual who I've known just for a few months.
Steve is the Founder and President of Sure Foundation Strategies.
Steve had had enough last year, and at the beginning of 2016, “retired.” He is now pursuing a new, more personally fulfilling and significant career. He had been leading and coaching fellow employees for his company for several years; now he’s doing it on his own.
Listen: Get Out Before They Carry You Out!
Steve's focus is to inspire people to achieve excellence through the fostering of authentic relationships and trust, which he refers to as the Art of Leadership. Today, Steve is on a mission to help others do the same. I know you’ll resonate with his story as he unpacks it for us.
Three Favorite Quotes:
- “I started right in on this stuff, and I went at it full bore. And I dove in so deep that I got completely out of alignment. I didn't see it, but boy, my wife did again.“
- “Right now, I can't wait to get up in the morning and go to work.“
- “Focus on what really matters. And that is your family. Don't neglect that.”
Links to Resources Mentioned:
Steve wanted to be like Andy and escape his prison.
We talked about the Igniting Souls Conference, which has had a significant impact on both of us. The theme this year is “Becoming Unhackable”, and the focus is on removing obstacles from your life that keep you from moving forward. Steve and I will be there this Fall.
I highly recommend you invest in yourself and attend. Click the link to learn more and register for the Igniting Souls Conference.
If you decide to attend, let us know, and we'll save a seat for you and introduce you to many of the great entrepreneurs who are participating.
Steve also mentioned an online course offered by Kary Oberbrunner based on his book The Deeper Path. I engaged Kary four years ago as a coach and participated in a live cohort for Deeper Path.
It has changed my life and the lives of the nine others also in that cohort. There have been dozens of Deeper Path groups to date.
I recommend you investigate the Online Self-Study version as a path to a new future. Kary no longer does the live cohorts. Some of the Deeper Path graduates offer live coaching groups. If interested, let me know at Rick@RickCoplin.com.
Another book we mentioned is Day Job to Dream Job. If you are feeling stuck and know you have more to offer, this book is for you.
I've given dozens of copies of Day Job to Dream Job away, and several people have used it to change their lives dramatically.
Steve also mentioned the self-study course based on the book: How to Turn Your Passion into a Full-Time Gig. Steve used the term “boot camp course” for the same opportunity to alter the trajectory of your life.
Steve Schulze's Contact Information
You can connect with Steve Schulze via:
- Sure Foundation Strategies
- Steve on LinkedIn
- Steve and Sure Foundation Strategies on Facebook
- Email Steve
Get The Transcript
Every Success to Significance conversation has a transcript prepared so that you can read, mark important thoughts, and make notes for your use.
Please feel free to share your transcript PDF with someone who could benefit from reading it and accessing links to the podcast themselves.
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this first episode of Success to Significance.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.