My goal for this page is that it will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best speaker decision possible. Even if you choose not to engage me as your speaker, I hope this page helps you to identify the best speaker possible for your event.
An Overview of this Page
- What You Can Expect
- A Few Personal Facts
- What I Bring & Need When Speaking
- Upcoming Engagements
- What Others Are Saying
- Previous Engagements
- Our Next Steps
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- Personal phone consultations prior to your event, so I can better understand your goals, how I can best serve you and now to meet the needs of your audience.
- Announcements about your event on my blog and social media channels leading up to the event, unless you prefer otherwise.
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving your goals and connecting with audience.
- Social media posts during and after the conference, including pictures. These will be at your discretion.
- A custom resource page on my website, created exclusively for your guests. It will include presentation slides and links to resources you choose and links to books, articles, and other relevant resources.
- A quick follow-up phone call and email after your event to make sure I met your expectations. I also want to know how you think I can improve.
I have helped to build and sell a start-up company, directed technology programs in a major financial institution and consulted with companies throughout the United States in the areas of technology, finance, marketing and operations.
Currently, I am Vice President of Community Partner Ventures with TechColumbus working alongside entrepreneurs who are building start-up companies.
I have written one eBook, Pitch Your Best! and have one book in process: Nail Your Pitch!. Both books are based on my experiences as an entrepreneur and now working with entrepreneurs on the investing side. My goal with each book is to help entrepreneurs shorten their path to success.
I frequently present and serve as an emcee, panelist or moderator at meetings and conferences.
I live in the country surrounded by hills, woods & ponds. I enjoy my kids' sports, college basketball, grilled steaks, bluegrass music & playing upright bass. I love convertibles, and my all time favorite is my 1973 Mercury Cougar XR7, purchased new by my dad.
I am speaking at the following locations in the first quarter of 2015:
- The Ohio State University, Buckeye Leadership Fellows Senior Cohort, February 20th: “Effective Pitches & Presentations Workshop“
- Direct Energy Innovation to Inspiration Small Business Forum, February 26th, “Building Transformative Partnerships” panelist.
During 2014, I have spoken at several events including:
- The Westerville Women's Small Business Accelerator, May, Panel Moderator: “Running A Successful KickStarter Campaign“
- The Dublin Entrepreneurial Center, June, “The Elevator Pitch: Communicating Potential Quickly and Effectively“
- The Ohio Growth Summit, June, “Pitching Your Business to Investors, Bankers, Partners, Employees and Family“
- The Marysville Entrepreneurial Center, August, “The Elevator Pitch: Communicating Potential Quickly and Effectively“
- Buckeye Leadership Fellows Challenge Month, September, “Pitching Effectively to Challenge Month Partners” (workshop)
- The Igniting Souls Conference, November, “Breaking through the Resistance with Persistence”
- The Dublin Entrepreneurial Center, November 20th, Panel Moderator: “Running A Successful KickStarter Campaign“
- Economic Development 411, December 5th, Panel Moderator: “The Role of Independent Business in our Local Economies“. Over 500 business leaders, economic development professionals, and elected and appointed state and local officials attended ED411.