Success to Significance welcomes Author, Speaker, Side Hustle Coach & Clinical Pharmacist – Alex Barker.
A teacher at heart, Alex helps busy professionals build successful side-businesses at warp speed. He built his first successful side-biz in 2013 and in 2016 paid off his house 27 years early thanks to the hustle. Now he coaches others to do the same. His motto: “Fall in love with action over results.”
He currently runs 3 businesses on the side (a franchise, media company, and a coaching practice), plus he develops online courses.
Alex writes for Entrepreneur.com, HuffingtonPost.com, and PharmacyTimes.com
Listen to Alex:
Alex's Thought Leadership
- “The beautiful thing about the Internet is that you don’t need to be near people.”
- “If I wanted to, I could quit my job.”
- “When you live a frugal lifestyle, you can do just about anything.”
- “I work 45-50 hours for my day job, and on top of that, I have five coaching clients.”
- “We’re on track to retire in 7 to 10 years – if we want to.”
Links to Resources Mentioned
- Recent article: 53 Side Hustles Any Pharmacist Can Start Today
Alex's Contact Information
- Alex’s website – Alex writes about business topics and his business experiments.
- Alex on Twitter
- Alex on LinkedIn
- The Happy PharmD
- Pharmacy School HQ – Courses on how to succeed in different areas of pharmacy
Prior Guest Shout Outs:
- Mary Valloni – picked up two new coaching clients as a result of our conversation in Episode 32, How to Impact Your Life, Challenge Clients, and Improve Our World
- Chris O’Byrne – Episode 31, How To Design And Pursue Your Authentic Life Intentionally. “We've been able to transition into a full-time nomadic lifestyle with tons of time to spend with our daughter while still growing our business
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.
Photo Sources: Alex Barker