Ray Matz has been en entrepreneur for 30+ years, He’s owned landscaping, real estate, & vending businesses. Today, he’s Founder of Game Changing Dads and improving kids’ lives through hockey.
Ray “Razor” Matz Jr. is an energetic and passionate leader in his community and in his home. He is a devoted husband, a fun-loving father of 3 children, a successful business owner, and a dedicated children's minister in Fernandina Beach, Florida.
Ray originally wanted to play professional hockey and pursued that until it became clear that would not be his future. He moved back home and started a landscaping business and during the next 18 years he continued to run his own landscaping company, invest in various business opportunities, and create a successful real estate portfolio.
Even though he couldn’t play professional hockey, Ray did play Roller Hockey for Team USA for three years, becoming a three-time world champion.
Ray ‘s love of hockey provided him the opportunity to be the head instructor at Team USA Clinics for 20 years; he has taught hockey to kids of all ages from all over the world.
Ray created the Main Beach Roller Hockey kids program in Fernandina Beach, Florida to reach area children through the sport. Ray currently serves in the children’s ministry at Journey Church in Fernandina Beach, Florida. He absolutely loves coaching and encouraging every child he meets, on or off the rink!
Ray started Game Changing Dads to motivate and encourage husbands and fathers to lead, love, and live. Ray is pursuing his passion of reaching kids and families through a coaching and public speaking career, as well as within the church ministry.
Listen to How To Take Advantage Of Opportunities And Have Impact
Ray's Success Quotes:
- “Let other people do the work you don’t want to so you can go out and find the next opportunity.”
- “I had to clean my hands and walk away, and look back and say “that was a crazy entrepreneurial experience.”
- “It’s just a learning experience. That [entrepreneurial] life is filled with mountaintops and valleys. We need to learn the lessons whether we’re on top or at the bottom.”
- “I don’t want to be the 50, 60, 70 year old who just did something for thirty or forty years, then looks back and says “That’s it?”
- “I don’t want to be the guy who was just average, who left no legacy. That scares me to me to death as a man, a father, and as a provider for my family.”
- “We may be the only encouragement these kids have had all week.”
Links to Resources Mentioned
- Ray's Website “Encouraging Husbands and Fathers to Lead, love and Live!” Be sure to request Ray’s PDF: “Top Ten Game Changers.”
- Ray's Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Game Changing Dads
- Ray's Email
- Ray on Twitter
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.
Photo Sources: Ray Matz