Bob Ghiloni serves as the Denison University Men’s Basketball coach. He turned around a program that had endured 7 losing seasons. More importantly, he influences his team's players to become Leaders.
Coach Ghiloni has served as the head men’s basketball coach at Denison since 2002. Within two years, he had turned around a program that had endured seven losing seasons.
During his tenure he has led the DU basketball program to a third-place finish in 2005, an appearance in the NCAC Championship game in 2012 and the NCAC Championship in 2016. In 2005 he was named the NCAC’s Coach of the Year.
This year, he led the Men’s basketball team to a 22-5 record, it’s best record in the history of the school.
But that’s the surface stuff.
The man behind the program is a coach’s coach.
He influences his players, the athletic department, the Denison campus and the community in hundreds of ways.
His players are influential on campus and in their home communities, not because they are on the basketball team, but because Coach Ghiloni leads them to become “Selfless, Educated Men of Action.”
Coach Ghiloni is an intellectual, a deep thinker, a life-long learner, a connector, a family man, a voracious reader, and a friend.
Most of all, he influences those closest to him through being a living example of what he preaches to his team: Becoming Selfless, Educated Men of Action.
Listen to Coach Ghiloni:
Links to Coach Ghiloni and Denison University
- Coach Ghiloni’s Denison University Page
- Denison University Men's Basketball Program
- Denison University
Be A Part of the Success to Significance Community
- Subscribe: Subscribe to The Success to Significance Podcast in iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio.
- Encourage: If you've listened to a few episodes, please do us a favor and provide a rating & review. Make sure you use your real name and website in the text of the review itself. Rick will mention you on a future show.
- Share: Share a link to Success to Significance with the people that matter to you – right click & copy a link to this page, the link to iTunes, the link to Google Play, or the link to Stitcher Radio.
- Engage: Subscribe to Rick's Success to Significance newsletter
- Connect: with Rick on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
- Communicate: Email Rick at Rick@RickCoplin.com with questions, comments, and encouragement. You can also leave a voice message below. You will hear back from him & he is eager to help.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Success to Significance.
I appreciate your time and attention. We live in a busy, noisy world, and for you to invest your time in learning from our Success to Significance guests, is deeply meaningful to each one of our guests and deeply meaningful to me
If there is anything I can do to help you, leave a voice message above or email me at Rick@RickCoplin.com.
Photo Sources: Denison University